Author Interview-The Pilani Pioneers

Hello Friends,


I am here today with an interesting conversation with the authors Durjai Sethi & Gaurav Mandlecha for their book The Pilani Pioneers. Many congratulations to both of them for delivering such an amazing work at such a young age. Durjai, a BITS alumni & a corporate executive, considers empathy as the most valuable human quality. Gaurav, a startup enthusiast loves exploring various startup ideas. Below is the extract of the conversation with them regarding their journey as  first time authors.

My View:

How challenging it has been to connect with 25 business stalwarts from varied industries staying in different locations? Would you like to throw light on any particular experience while connecting with them?

Durjai:

Gaurav:


My View:

What was the thought process behind selecting the 25 profiles featured in the book?

Durjai:

Gaurav:


My View:

Though profiles featured are from different industry and era but still a large portion of them are the ones who graduated in eighties or nineties. Any particular rationale behind selecting such profiles? Don’t you think featuring a few more modern day startup founders would have a better connect with the readers?

Durjai:


My View:

How much time did it take to complete the entire book? How was both of your roles divided during the entire journey?

Durjai:


My View:

What are your favourite genres for reading? What are your top 3 favourite books/authors?

Durjai:


My View:

How did you balance a corporate job & book writing as both requires uninterrupted attention?

Durjai:


My View:

Who has been your biggest critic/admirer during the entire writing journey?

Durjai:


My View:

What were the major challenges as a first time author?

Durjai:

Gaurav:


My View:

What's next after The Pilani Pioneers in terms of writing journey?

Durjai:













My heartfelt gratitude to Durjai & Gaurav for taking out time to provide their insights. Wishing them the best for all of their future endeavors. Click here for my review of The Pilani Pioneers.



Image Credit: Durjai Sethi

Image Design: Bala Kumar

Post a Comment

0 Comments